Start Collegiate Charter
We are always dedicated to ongoing growth and development and welcome conversations with any interested groups.
Alpha Phi Gamma has interest group eligibility requirements. See below if your interest group qualifies. If your interest group does not meet the qualifications, contact us at email@example.com.
INTEREST GROUP ELIGIBILITY
All interest groups must meet these general eligibilities:
- Must be enrolled in a College.
- Sincere interest toward the achievement of the goals of Alpha Phi Gamma.
- Well-rounded personality; Enthusiastically contribute their talents and participate in all functions to bring honor and pride to Alpha Phi Gamma.
- Integrity of character in all decisions, actions, and service to others to achieve better relations in the community.
- Willing to dedicate their time and effort into continuing the history and traditions of Alpha Phi Gamma.
- Minimum 2.5 GPA unless they are a first year student without a GPA through the College. *If the College requires a different academic standard for its Greek system, then Members of the Charter will maintain whichever GPA requirement is higher.
Interest Group Requirements
- Minimum of 10 dedicated and motivated young ladies to begin the Expansion Process.
- Hosted 1 philanthropy event
- Hosted 1 social event
- Hosted 2 sisterhood events
The Director of Expansion will send you an “Interest Group Profile” form after they speak to you personally. The form and a processing fee per member needs to be submitted 4 months prior to the time of the Potential New Member Education Process.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is an Interest Group?
Becoming an Interest Group is the first step in getting Alpha Phi Gamma started at your school. During the education process, you will learn the history, meaning, and traditions of Alpha Phi Gamma as well as develop strong bonds of Sisterhood with each other.
Consider it as adding another class to your course load. However, the Active Members along with the Big Sister, Mom, and Educator will be there to help and guide you.
Other skill sets you will grow in are:
- Time management
- Professional development
- Personal development
- And many more!
What is the timeline to be an Alpha Phi Gamma Interest Group?
The estimated time is 3-4 months, this can be shorter or longer. It all depends on the how well the “Interest Group” develops as a whole and individually before the Potential New Member Process.